Lovely Library

Jamie Drake's "We Love Print" library for the 2012 Kips Bay Decorator Show House is a room to retreat to and enjoy turning the pages of real printed books.  It too features green walls made up of horizontal planks that were loosely inspired by paneled rec rooms from the 1950's and 60's. The mirrored walls reflect the amazing view and also expand the small space.  I especially love the mirrored panels along the door frame.  

And yes, I have other topics I will be posting about this upcoming week but I also want to highlight a few more fabulous rooms at Kips Bay for those who will not be able to make the trip to New York.  It's also important to remember that these designers had about five weeks to design their rooms.  These aren't spaces that took months or years to complete for clients.  I personally think they all did an amazing job but I have heard some negative reviews around the internet.  Again, just because it's not your style or what you would have done, doesn't make it wrong.  If you keep an open mind, you might just realize that they were pretty right. 












Photos by Heather Clawson for Habitually Chic

0 comments:

Post a Comment