Winter Reading

The love of learning,the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


As much as I love reading on the beach in the summer, there is really nothing better than snuggling up with a good book in the winter.  Yesterday, I stopped by the Strand Bookstore in the newly renovated Club Monaco store on lower Fifth Avenue, who is also having a big sale by the way, where I picked Speedboat by Renata Adler. It's a reprint of the original that was published 1971 with an afterword by Guy Trebay. Buying new books is probably the reason why I still haven't finished The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt which was my goal this holiday vacation. 

Very curious to hear what you all are reading this winter.

Bon weekend!

HC 


Photo by me via instagram.

0 comments:

Post a Comment