Gone to Print

Speaking of books, my book, Creativity at Work, went to print yesterday!  Hooray! It's been more than a year in the works and I can't believe it's finally out of my hands.  It will be published on November 6, 2012 and I will definitely keep you posted on book signings and other events. 

It was actually March 2011 when I first met with powerHouse Books and the process of making a book has been a long one.  I wouldn't say that it was the hardest thing I've ever done but there was definitely a learning curve.  The blog is very immediate so it took a while to get used to a project that seemed to take forever.  Above is a look at the cover linen samples, foil stamping options, and color proofs, just part of what goes into finishing a book. 

I know a lot of you are interested in how to get published so if you have any questions, please leave them in a comment or email me.  I'll be interviewing my editor Wes Del Val about what publishers are looking for and how to navigate the publishing process. Not every blog can be translated into a book and original content is just one of the keys I learned along the way. 

Now that the book is off my plate, I look forward to getting caught up on emails and blog posts and starting some fun new projects.  But first, I'm taking a little time off to relax.   If anyone has an island they want me to visit, I'm completely amenable to that idea.  

Thanks! 

HC

0 comments:

Post a Comment