In Memoriam: Nora Ephron

Yesterday ended on a very sad note for many people around the world.  It was announced that the writer Nora Ephron passed away. I think The Los Angeles Times described her perfectly as, "A rare author and screenwriter whose works appealed to highbrow readers and mainstream moviegoers." I grew up watching her films Sleepless in Seattle, When Harry Met Sally, and my favorite You've Got Mail. And more importantly quoting them verbatim. Sometimes it's nice to watch a moody, broody foreign film that ends ambiguously but more often I prefer to watch one her films that end neatly tied up in a ribbon.  I'm a sucker for a happy ending and her films always leave you feeling that maybe you too will find your happy ending. 

"Above all, be the heroine of your lifenot the victim.
- Nora Ephron

1941-2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment