Moroccan Style in a Miami Home

A Miami house gets a Moroccan feel with this fresh, fun, and fantastic design by Gene Meyer and Frank De Biasi.

By Christine Pittel


CHRISTINE PITTEL: I've never seen anyone have this much fun with paint. Who's the madman for color?
FRANK DE BIASI: Gene, my partner. He'll buy a million little pint sizes of different paints and just start to play. He'll take chances on color combinations I would never think of. I like color, I appreciate color, but a lot of the houses I design for clients are not so colorful. People like beige. Gene is creative director of a rug company, and he's also good at the beige part. Just not for ourselves.
The living room is painted a languid 1940s face-powder pink. With the vintage chintz and the scalloped bookshelves, it feels very Oliver Messel in Mustique.
GENE MEYER: We know all his work. We got to walk through the house he did for Princess Margaret when Frank did a project in Mustique. It's a British Colonial Caribbean fantasy. We wanted that same kind of fun and color for this little 1940s Miami bungalow — actually two houses, small and unattached.

Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment