Miami Gym designed by William Sofield

Let’s all go to Miami right now! I need to move there actually. Because I know my new hip would feel oh so much better if I were toning up at the David Barton Gym.
This photo essay is from last month’s issue of Interior Design magazine. I’m generally in love with all things Moroccan and mid-Asian things these days. Though it’s not residential, there’s still a lot to learn here, in my humble opinion – beginning with the lighting. As you look through the photos, try to imagine how different the space would look without the atmosphere created by the marvelous lighting.

Let’s go!

hall-to-locker-room 
A pendant globe creates movement on the wall that leads to the locker rooms. Movement in a gym – there’s an idea.
David Barton Gym reception 
Everything in the reception area is authentically Moroccan. Color is the star here. Deep indigo. And the mix of materials – woods, fabrics, and metals. It has the feel of a seraglio as opposed to a gym. Nice atmosphere.
David Barton Miami gym ceiling 
Above the reception area, the star-sparkled ceiling takes my breath away. Again, this is a total light show. So the next time you think about overhauling your space, think about lighting first.

Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment